ARTICLE 12.02 OPERATION OF VEHICLES
Sec. 12.02.001 Operating motor vehicle in careless or reckless manner
(a) It shall be unlawful for any person to operate any motor vehicle within the city in a careless
and reckless manner so as to endanger any person or property. Operation of any vehicle in any of
the following manners shall be unlawful:
(1) Driving on the wrong side of the street.
(2) Crossing the centerline except while making a legal turn.
(3) Weaving and/or erratic driving.
(4) Driving backwards.
(5) Spinning the drive wheels of a vehicle so as not to have full control of the vehicle.
(6) Driving too fast for conditions.
(7) Driving with obstructed vision to either the front and/or rear, created by an object or
objects and/or person or persons.
(8) Drag racing.
(9) Overloaded with either objects and/or persons.
(10) Driving a defective vehicle including [conditions] such as improper lighting, or poor
or no brakes.
(b) The provisions of subsection (a) of this section shall not apply to emergency vehicles while
in the performance of official duty.
V.T.C.A., Transportation Code, ch. 541 et seq.
State law references–Traffic regulation generally, V.T.C.A., Transportation Code; rules of the road,
State law reference–Operation and movement of vehicles, V.T.C.A., Transportation Code, ch. 546.
Caddo Mills Code of Ordinances
(c) Any person who shall violate any of the provisions of this section shall be deemed guilty of
a misdemeanor and, on conviction thereof, shall be punished by a fine not to exceed $200.00.
(Ordinance 116, secs. 1–3, adopted 3/11/80)
State law references–
Reckless driving, V.T.C.A., Transportation Code, sec. 545.401; racing, V.T.C.A.,
Transportation Code, sec. 545.420; vehicle equipment, V.T.C.A., Transportation Code, ch. 547.
Sec. 12.02.002 Operating motor vehicle on sidewalk
It shall be unlawful for any person to operate any motor vehicle on any sidewalk within the city
limits. There shall be a penalty not exceeding $200.00 for violation. (Ordinance 113 adopted